Jonathan Ady FamilyFrom ADY: Then and Now by Margaret Courtney
Jonathon ADY (1715-1801)
ADY: Then and Now: by Margaret CourtneyHis parents were Joseph and Margaret Ady. The most likely father that has been found for Joseph, is another Joseph, who married Mary. Joseph Ady was baptised in the Parish of St. Mary Mount Haw, London, 14 June 1687. Joseph's father Joseph appears to have been baptised in the Parish St. Benedict, Paul's Wharf, on 29 April 1655.
The blurb has: Jonathon ADY (1715-1801) immigrated from England to Harford Co., MD in 1737, and married Rebeckah YORK in 1743. Desc. lived in MD, NE, OH, WVA, MI and elsewhere. indexed. Inc. Cooper, Murray, Powell, Preston and rellated families. Jonathan, son of Joseph ADY and Margaret unk, was b 1715 near London, Eng. He was acused of a crime and was transported to AM. Jonathan m Rebekka YORK, 27 Mar 1743 at St. John's parish, Hartford Co., MD. They were the parents of 11 ch., Jonathan d 21 Jun 1801 in Hartford Co, MD.
Joseph and Margaret Ady
1. Olive baptised 8 Feb. 1707
2. Henry baptised 8 May 1709
3. Joshia baptised 3 Feb. 1711
4. Jonathon baptised 6 Nov. 1715
5. Mary baptised 22 Dec. 1717
This concerning Jonathan and his parents was found by a researcher in London employed by Miss Ella Rowe. They found Jonathon was transported to America as a sentence for stealing from the home of a relative, where he had been staying. This was Issac Hone. From the court proceedings, it looks like he took the rap for another party, who outwitted and out talked him. His name was William Green. All the convicts sentenced in London or Middlesex were put on the next available convict ship sailing to America. Francis Lux was captain of the ship "Pretty Patsy" that brought him to America. Hartford Co., Maryland.
Jonathon Ady born in or near London, England, and was baptised 6 Nov. 1715, in the Parish of St. Sepulchre, London (the Parish Church for Newgate). Jonathon married Rebeckah York, 27 March 1743 at St. John's Parish, Joppa, Maryland. He died 21 June 1801 in Hartford Co., Maryland, buried at Joppa.
Jonathan Ady (Eddy) - Rebecca Yorke
1. Rachel Ady born: Dec. 1743
Married: Nathan Yearly
2.William Ady born: Aug. 23, 1745
William Ady served as a private in Capt. John Taylor's company, Harford
County, Maryland militia, 1775-77.
1st Marriage: Sarah Hilton
2nd Marriage: Clorinda Standeford
3. Elizabeth Ady born: Aug. 13, 1747
Contributors to our Aday Research Repository
- Barbara Aday BAday56@aol.com
- Aday Line -Walter > Levi > Francis > Ethan
- Fleta Aday firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aday Line - Boaz > William G. H. > John
- Walsie Aday email@example.com
- Aday Line - Boaz > William G. H. > Martin Wesley
- Helen Austin AustinART@aol.com
- Aday Line - Walter > Son of Walter > Geroge W.
- Beatrice "Dede" D MacDonald firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aday Line > Boaz Walter > Boaz Jefferson > John Wesley
Fleta Aday WebMaster Email Fleta